Like

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Police and the Mentally Ill Volumes 1 and 2


The guy at the DVD store said nobody had taken these out for a long time. Not sure why. He sprayed
them excessively but they still kept getting stuck on the same few seconds.

Volume 1

The beginning of the movie is second-season Twilight Zone atmosphere quality. I can't think of a greater compliment.

Miss Tyler?


The police respond to a call from a woman who says her husband is just staring into space, holding a can of beer. I'm sure the robberies, murders, and car crashes can wait.

A woman bumps into another woman while shopping and attacks her.  I think that illness is called "Black Friday"

A policeman stops a woman on the road and she has a panic attack. I don't blame her. #fuckthepolice.


Sorry, the 16 year old came out in me.

A man who sits alone with a gun and shoots at nothing, thinking he is protecting himself. Either he is mentally ill or he lives in Texas.

Actually, this is from California.

The narrator warns us about suicide. Mental illness in stunt dummies is a serious problem.


A man freaks out on an airplane. He calls over the stewardess and tells her there is a man on the wing. She doesn't see it. Actually, he is a religious fanatic.

I cleaned the disk with a microfiber cloth because it kept repeating. This movie must have been watched many, many times.

The man claims that airplanes are against the will of God and he  flight attendant calms down the religious fanatic, who is now thrusting a Bible into the air.

I took the DVD out and cleaned it with Clorox Disinfecting wipes.


The next part of the movie kept getting stuck on the same few seconds, so much i had to skip through it. From what I can gather, the fanatic has a bomb, which concerns the on-flight officer, so he calms the fanatic down. Okay.

I can't watch the rest of this. Every time I tried skipping ahead, it got stuck on the same few seconds.


Volume 2

This one is from Louisiana. It starts with police being called to check on a white female. Somehow, I have a feeling most of the subjects will be white.

A policeman is called to keep an eye on a mentally retarded boy. Who is black. I retract my previous statement.


Now the police are sent look at a man who tried to drown himself. "The would-be suicide is also suffering from some type of emotional disturbance." Really?

How about a close-up, Mr. Demille?

The police bring the suicidal man to the station and lock him up until his parents arrive and suggests that they call a psychiatric hospital. So, this 1950s police training video is morally superior to Me Before You.


How is this movie Paul declines the friendship offer and attempts to stab the policeman, but the police restrain him. The narrator tells us that handcuffs should only be used as a last resort. This movie is dated.

Paul apparently is paranoid that his neighbors are going to attack him. The segment ends with the narrator lamenting that most places have no facilities to hold the mentally ill besides jail. This film is less dated than I thought


I  would say these are good, but I've only seen 1.5 of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment